Help understanding a new tournament format?

MKThrones

My local tournament has always had this format: 10 Participating Teams.
Old Format
1st 2 Rounds: Each Round is Team A vs Team B, Team C vs Team D, etc. for 5 matches per round. Teams can go up against each other two times in a row. The first 2 rounds are randomly assigned.
Round 3: The 4 teams with the highest wins, and then highest points are seeded into the top 4 bracket. The highest seed in the top 4 bracket goes against the lowest seed in the top 4 bracket, and the middle two teams duke it out.
Round 4: The winners of those rounds compete in the finals for 1st/2nd place, while the losers compete for 3rd/4th.
Rounds: 3-4 In the other bracket (6th-10th) a similiar situation occurs, where the teams are fighting for 5th place.

The new tournament proposal is that all 4 rounds are randomly drawn, with a total result added up after 4 rounds of overall percentage of points gained and win/loss ratio. No team can go up against the same team more than once, and there is no seeding.
I'm trying to make sense of this. I want to figure out possibilities of how many teams can get 4-0, versus 3-1, 2-2, etc in a given competition so I can relay the info to my team. I also want to find out stuff like the chances of two 3-0 teams going up against each other in round 4.
I don't know how to calculate or create simulations for this. Is there some youtube or khan academy math video I can watch to explain how to do this, or is anyone willing to help me out? Thanks.

Last edited: