Help w/salary to hourly with included overtime....I'm lost please help

lostpup

Ok so my company has decided to take us from salary to hourly...we get paid bi-weekly. So one week I work 22 hours and the next week I work 55 hours. So week one = 22 reg hours no overtime + week two = 40 reg hours w/15 hours of overtime at time and a half. I get paid 1949.80 every two weeks. How can I figure out what my hourly rate should be? It should worked out so it takes into account the 15 hours of overtime every week. My yearly salary is 50694.80 which is a total of 1612 regular hours and 390 overtime hours. Obviously I don't have to do a lot of math at my job and I certainly appreciate your help. They have done this before....several years ago and I know they messed it up then. I just want to make sure they are not getting it wrong when they tell me how much I'm going to get paid.

Also can you let me know the formula to get the answer I'm sure I have some coworkers who would like to check also

Last edited:
Ok so my company has decided to take us from salary to hourly...we get paid bi-weekly. So one week I work 22 hours and the next week I work 55 hours. So week one = 22 reg hours no overtime + week two = 40 reg hours w/15 hours of overtime at time and a half. I get paid 1949.80 every two weeks. How can I figure out what my hourly rate should be? It should worked out so it takes into account the 15 hours of overtime every week. My yearly salary is 50694.80 which is a total of 1612 regular hours and 390 overtime hours. Obviously I don't have to do a lot of math at my job and I certainly appreciate your help. They have done this before....several years ago and I know they messed it up then. I just want to make sure they are not getting it wrong when they tell me how much I'm going to get paid.

Also can you let me know the formula to get the answer I'm sure I have some coworkers who would like to check also

Suppose one is paid x dollars per hour and works A hours regular time {at a wage of x} and B hours overtime {at a wage of 1.5x} which results in a Total {Gross} pay check of T. Then
A x + 1.5 B x = T
or
x = T / {A + 1.5 B}

Suppose one is paid x dollars per hour and works A hours regular time {at a wage of x} and B hours overtime {at a wage of 1.5x} which results in a Total {Gross} pay check of T. Then
A x + 1.5 B x = T
or
x = T / {A + 1.5 B}

Beautiful thank you so much!!!