help: whats the equation for every value in a list of 2547 more or less random numbers

kuve

What's the equation for every value in the document

Attachments

• test.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
Most people do not want to download documents. Can you just post the question along with what you've done so far?

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.02.29 PM.png
I plotted the data out of curiosity. The data exhibits pronounced seasonality, which suggests it might be a time series. It shows a repeating pattern over a fixed period of time. My speculation is this would be some sort of proprietor data such as sales/trading data for products that are affected by seasonal demand. This would explain the lack of cooperation (across multiple forums) to provide context and in need for an equation to fit the curve for forecasting purposes.

This is only speculation. There are many other types of data that are seasonal e.g. weather, tourism, agriculture, etc...

View attachment 34907
I plotted the data out of curiosity. The data exhibits pronounced seasonality, which suggests it might be a time series. It shows a repeating pattern over a fixed period of time. My speculation is this would be some sort of proprietor data such as sales/trading data for products that are affected by seasonal demand. This would explain the lack of cooperation (across multiple forums) to provide context and in need for an equation to fit the curve for forecasting purposes.

This is only speculation. There are many other types of data that are seasonal e.g. weather, tourism, agriculture, etc...
This reminds me of a task I was assigned very early in my days working for the bank. I was asked to determine whether there were significant seasonalities in deposit flows by different types of deposits. I was given monthly data going back many years for about 50 different types of deposits. I relativized all the monthly flows by type against yearly quantities by type, then regressed against dummy variables for months. Right away, I found a really strong seasonal correlation for one type. I was all excited. I called up deposit administration. "What tpye of deposit is type xxxx: it is highly seasonal" They were Christmas Club accounts. I was teased for weeks. "Only a genius could figure out there was a seasonal effect for Christmas Clubs."