Help with a fl.oz equation. Not sure if this is the right place.

Mattyjfla

I am currently starting a new seltzer brand form my home.

What is the alcohol percentage of a 12oz drink that consists of 10.5fl/oz sparkling water and 1.5 FL/oz of 80 proof vodka?

I am currently starting a new seltzer brand form my home.

What is the alcohol percentage of a 12oz drink that consists of 10.5fl/oz sparkling water and 1.5 FL/oz of 80 proof vodka?
80 proof means 40% alcohol by volume. So:

How much alcohol (by volume) do you have in 1.5 flOz of 80 proof Vodka?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.
To be honest I really have no clue where to start. I was going to just have someone explain to me how to work this out.

To be honest I really have no clue where to start. I was going to just have someone explain to me how to work this out.
My question to you:

Start from reading and answering the question above.

Do you have any confusion about the question above? If you do have confusion, exactly what is it that you don't understand?

My question to you:

Start from reading and answering the question above.

Do you have any confusion about the question above? If you do have confusion, exactly what is it that you don't understand?
I really don’t know. Are you able to just tells me so I can move forward and get this one label and ready for production.

40% of the 1.5 fl oz of Vodka is pure alcohol. % means divide by 100, of means to multiply and is means equal to.

So translate 40% of the 1.5 fl oz of Vodka is pure alcohol into an equation. Hint: replace the 1.5 fl oz of Vodka with 1.5

Last edited:
I really don’t know. Are you able to just tells me so I can move forward and get this one label and ready for production.
Okay this one for free..
Amount of alcohol in 1.5 fl/oz 80 proof Vodka = 1.5 * 0.4 = 0.6 flOz

so we have 0.6 flOz of alcohol in 12 floz of drink → the drink contains (0.6/12 * 100% =) 5% (alcohol by volume).