Help with functions

iamad123

This is the question.

Express the relationship x - 27y(to the third power) = 0 as a function y = f(x), if possible.

y = f(x) =

Please help, I am struggling.

By the way, I don't know if this is the right forum, so I apologize if it is not.

What have you tried to solve your problem. It is hard to help you if you do not show us any work.

First you should realize that if you subtract two values and get 0, the the two values are equal.

Then you set the two values from your equation equal to one another? Post back with your work and we can go further after looking at your work.

This is the question.

Express the relationship x - 27y(to the third power) = 0 as a function y = f(x), if possible.

y = f(x) =

Please help, I am struggling.

By the way, I don't know if this is the right forum, so I apologize if it is not.
Let us look at a simpler problem:

x - 27*y = 0 .............................................(A)

can you derive . from A:

y = f(x) = ?

This is the question.

y = f(x) =
An easier way to write the equation is "x - 27y^3 = 0"; or you can use the "x2" button on the edit bar and write "x - 27y3 = 0".

Now, what you want to do is to solve the equation for y. You'll be doing the same things you'd do to solve 3 - 27x3 = 0 for x.