Help with these fractions please!

HearthStone

Hello, below you will find a image of the fractions I have the most issues with for some odd reason - I am a visual learner, so if anyone out there who can help please work out the problem showing step by step process on how you get the solution and post the image as a response.

I would HIGHLY appreciate it!

10805439_732689846779481_50339123_n.jpg

Start with Denominator

http://www.helpwithfractions.com/subtracting-fractions/subtracting-fractions-different-denominators/

For fractions, it's important to remember that when you add or subtract, the denominator (the number under the bar) has to be the same throughout the equation. You will only add or subtract the numbers in the numerator position.

With that being said, let's focus on the denominator because we need them to match throughout the equation. What number multiplied by 7 would give you 21? Once you have that number, you need to know that anything you do to the denominator, you must also do to the numerator (number on top). Take that number (the number that you can multiply by 7 to get 21) and multiply it by each the numerator and the denominator. This is called an equivalent fraction.

Now that your denominators are the same, you can look at the numerators and solve for the missing number. Remember, your denominator is 21...it has to be the same throughout the whole equation. The only number you need to figure out is the numerator.

Once you figure out the numerator, think about if the fraction can be reduced. Meaning is there a greatest common factor between the numerator and denominator that you could use to reduce your fraction.