Help with word problems

littlebear1054

Someone help please? I have 2 word problems that i just can not do. If someone can help me here is one of the questions and then I will post the other right after I also have to show all work.

Jose attends a local Community College, where he will shortly graduate with his Associate's degree in Graphis Design. He has considered continuing his education to get another degree, hoping that he can use the combined degrees to get a job with a firm that designs websites for small businesses. Tuition for one semester costs $685 (15 or more credit hours), or he can pay $55 per credit hour if he takes less than 15 credit hours. It will also cost him $5 per credit hour for Student Fees and there is technology fee of $16 per semester. Jose will need to take 14 more 3 credit courses to complete a degree in electronic commerce. He figures that he will need to attend school for 3 more consecutive semesters (1 full year pluse 5 months) to complete the electronic commerce degree. Textbooks will cost him $95 per class.

A. Jose is plannin on taking five courses during his first two semesters in the electronic commerce program, and four courses during the third semester. How much will it cost to get this second degree?
Answer:

B. Jose needs to determing how much money he will need to borrow if he works 15 hours a week at a local video store making $9.50 per hour (take-home=assume 4 weeks per month). He will be able to rent a room from a friend for $200 per month, who is also willing to share groceries and phone costs. Williams share of the food and phone expenses will be $130 per month. he estimates other expenses such as car insurance and clothes to come to about $300 per month. How much will he need to borrow to complete the second degree in 1 year and 5 months?
Answer:

C. How many hours does he need to work in order to avoid taking out a loan?
Answer:

Thank you,
Rhonda

Someone help please? I have 2 word problems that i just can not do. If someone can help me here is one of the questions and then I will post the other right after I also have to show all work.

Jose attends a local Community College, where he will shortly graduate with his Associate's degree in Graphis Design. He has considered continuing his education to get another degree, hoping that he can use the combined degrees to get a job with a firm that designs websites for small businesses. Tuition for one semester costs $685 (15 or more credit hours), or he can pay $55 per credit hour if he takes less than 15 credit hours. It will also cost him $5 per credit hour for Student Fees and there is technology fee of $16 per semester. Jose will need to take 14 more 3 credit courses to complete a degree in electronic commerce. He figures that he will need to attend school for 3 more consecutive semesters (1 full year pluse 5 months) to complete the electronic commerce degree. Textbooks will cost him $95 per class.

A. Jose is plannin on taking five courses during his first two semesters in the electronic commerce program,

How many credit hours required per course?

If he takes 5 courses - how many credit hours would he be using?

and four courses during the third semester. How much will it cost to get this second degree?
Answer:

B. Jose needs to determing how much money he will need to borrow if he works 15 hours a week at a local video store making $9.50 per hour (take-home=assume 4 weeks per month). He will be able to rent a room from a friend for $200 per month, who is also willing to share groceries and phone costs. Williams share of the food and phone expenses will be $130 per month. he estimates other expenses such as car insurance and clothes to come to about $300 per month. How much will he need to borrow to complete the second degree in 1 year and 5 months?
Answer:

C. How many hours does he need to work in order to avoid taking out a loan?
Answer:

Thank you,
Rhonda

I also have to show all work

Good thing - so start .....

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.