Help! :)

Danaftaly55

the problem is calculate the odds that the skydiver landing randomly will survive.
we have a ground in size N, and 2 trampolines in size L (both same size).
The first trampoline is on the ground, the second trampoline is hovering above the ground.
we want that the skydiver will land on one of the two trampolines.
For any given N and L, N > L and 2 trampolines placed at random, what are the odds that the skydiver will survive?

The probability that the skydiver will land on a trampoline will be 2L/N. This should help you find the odds.

Looking at this sentence. Pondering whether this is significant...
I thought the same, especially if the 2nd trampoline is above the 1st trampoline. The problem, in my opinion, can't be done otherwise. I guess that you can say that the probability is <2L/N

I thought the same, especially if the 2nd trampoline is above the 1st trampoline. The problem, in my opinion, can't be done otherwise. I guess that you can say that the probability is <2L/N
if we're taking an example, N=10, L=5, we can look at all the permutation and calculate the odd to survive in each one of them.
but the question is how to do it when we generalize the problem?

the problem is calculate the odds that the skydiver landing randomly will survive.
we have a ground in size N, and 2 trampolines in size L (both same size).
The first trampoline is on the ground, the second trampoline is hovering above the ground.
we want that the skydiver will land on one of the two trampolines.
For any given N and L, N > L and 2 trampolines placed at random, what are the odds that the skydiver will survive?
What are the units for L and N? In particular, are they areas or lengths?

Also, does the skydiver survive if he lands on the edge? How large is he compared to the trampolines?

And, as has been suggested, is there a chance that the hovering trampoline will overlap the other? Does it move at random?

What are the units for L and N? In particular, are they areas or lengths?

Also, does the skydiver survive if he lands on the edge? How large is he compared to the trampolines?

And, as has been suggested, is there a chance that the hovering trampoline will overlap the other? Does it move at random
N and L are lengths.
Assume that the skydiver will land in exactly in 1 of the "cells" in the 1/N cells in the ground.
There is a chance that the hovering trampoline will overlap the other.
The trampolines place randomly

N and L are lengths.
Are they sides of squares, then? If so, then you need to work with N^2 and L^2 in finding probabilities, because it is area that matters.

And we'd have to work out the average area of the union of their shadows, so to speak, which I don't have to time to think about at the moment.