HELP!!!!

Gage

I know the answer to my problem but I don't know how to get it.... Please look and help. If B is between A and C, AB =4x-9,BC=7-x, and AC=2x+3, find the valuse of x and the measure of line AC..... This is my 2nd week in this class and I can't do any of the problems.... I feel lost and our teacher just makes us take notes.... how can i keep up?

Gage said:
I know the answer to my problem but I don't know how to get it.... Please look and help. If B is between A and C, AB =4x-9,BC=7-x, and AC=2x+3, find the valuse of x and the measure of line AC..... This is my 2nd week in this class and I can't do any of the problems.... I feel lost and our teacher just makes us take notes.... how can i keep up?

A............(4x-9)...............B.......(7-x).......C

A..............................(2x+3)....................C

Clear? So:
4x-9 + 7-x = 2x+3 : follow that?
4x - x - 2x = 3 + 9 - 7 : do you understand that?

I you understood to that point, you can finish it;
if not, looks like you need a private tutor: we can't teach here.

thanks so much. I was on the right track I just wanted to make the all equall. Do you think an on-line tutor would be good or find someone that can come to me?

Gage said:
thanks so much. I was on the right track I just wanted to make the all equall. Do you think an on-line tutor would be good or find someone that can come to me?
I think you should ask your parents.