Help!

Aleksei

I'm no math slouch and I do interest and financial calculators fairly well, but I've no formal preparation on finance data-crunching and I finally found something beyond my capabilities. A little assistance would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to calculate an LVT before-and-after tax formula. Here's the parameters:

-LVT does not affect the after-tax yearly cost of property ownership as land is perfectly inelastic.

-The yearly cost is calculated as the mortgage amortization schedule (meaning property price/30 + Interest rate)

Therefore:

Land rent before tax (land value before tax/30) + improvements rent (total structural value/30) + interest (% of (total land before tax + structure))

=

Land rent after tax + improvements rent (unchanged from above) + Interest (% of (total land after tax + structure)) + tax (% of total land value).

I'd like to know what the formula is for calculating the land value after tax. Total property + tax + interest should be the same as total property + interest with no tax, and improvement value doesn't change.

Last edited:
Nevermind

I got it licked. :) I guess all I had to do was put it on paper like this.

For future reference the formula is:

O/30 + S/30 + I = L/30 + S/30 + I(L + S) + TL

Where O is the original land value, S is the structure value, I the interest rate, and T the tax rate.