Hi I am new can someone please help me, I have a test now.

1) 2x + 5 = 5x -2

2)2x -3 (2-x) = - 9
If this is part of a test, we can't help. Even if it were not, you haven't followed the rules by showing your work:

We're here to help you learn, not cheat.

Again, you'll have to show work, and maybe we can help you learn, if you are patient.

That's quite a dramatic request for help!!!!

Where are you stuck? If at the beginning, can you show us a question you can do related to this?

For example, would you be able to solve 2x+5 = 15 ?

or 4x+5 =3x.

The best way to help you in the long term is to build on what you know.

1) 2x + 5 = 5x -2

2)2x -3 (2-x) = - 9
To "solve" an equation like this means to use algebraic methods (add the same thing to both sides of the equation, multiply both sides of the equation by the same thing) to arrive at "x= a number".

From 2x+ 5= 5x- 2, What do you get if you add -2x to both sides of the equation? What do you get if you add 2 to both sides of that? x= what?

for problem (2), before you start "doing things to both sides of the equation", what is -3(2- x)? What do you get if you add 2x to that?

Thank you so much for this help to others. I have a simple question to all why don,t you answer the question related to the given?

… why don,t you answer the question related to the given?
Hi. Are you asking why no one has posted a step-by-step solution for solving the two equations in post #1? (If so, please see post #2.)

?

No i am just asking why they are saying forums rules in every post if they are still going to answer the question by giving an example?? Either follow the rule or please don't talk about RULES.

… just asking why they are saying forums rules in every post if they are still going to answer the question by giving an example? …
The forum rules allow examples.

An example doesn't give the solution to the posted question; it gives the solution to the example's question. Doing that shows a pattern or steps for the student to try with their posted question.

How would you have choosen to help?

?