Hi! I am trying to solve integration, not sure with the final solution. Thanks in advance.

dhawal

[math]\int\limits_{0}^{\frac{U}{P}}\frac{e^{uvP}}{(v+1)^2} dv + \int\limits_{\frac{U}{P}}^{\infty}\frac{e^{uU}}{(v+1)^2} dv[/math]

[math]\int\limits_{0}^{\frac{U}{P}}\frac{e^{uvP}}{(v+1)^2} dv + \int\limits_{\frac{U}{P}}^{\infty}\frac{e^{uU}}{(v+1)^2} dv[/math]
What is your final solution? If you share your work/thoughts, we can guide you.

this is my final solution:

[math]Pue^{-Pu}\mathrm{Ei}(uU+Pu)-Pue^{-Pu}\mathrm{Ei}(Pu)+1[/math]

this is my final solution:

[math]Pue^{-Pu}\mathrm{Ei}(uU+Pu)-Pue^{-Pu}\mathrm{Ei}(Pu)+1[/math]
Please share your work - detailed intermediate work.

Did you calculate the "indefinite integrals" prior to calculating the final answer?

Did you make sure that those "indefinite integrals" are correct by differentiating those and comparing those to the given expressions?

[math]\int\limits_{\frac{U}{P}}^{\infty}\frac{e^{uU}}{(v+1)^2} dv[/math]
Please make sure to check that this integral is in the correct form. It doesn't look anything like your integrated result.

-Dan

Last edited:
Hi! Yes I have calculated the indefinite integrals. I am not sure the final answer is correct as I am not getting desired output when I am plotting.

Please make sure to check that this integral is in the correct form. It doesn't look anything like your integrated result.

-Dan
Thanks Dan for the reply. But this is correct form that has to be integrated.

Hi! Yes I have calculated the indefinite integrals. I am not sure the final answer is correct as I am not getting desired output when I am plotting.
What are those indefinite integrals? Please post the Expressions you had derived. Did you differentiate those to check whether you got back your original "integrands"?

If you need us to tell you whether you have made a mistake - you need to post complete work (a clear legible photographic image will suffice)

I will repeat what Dr Khan stated as it is a very important: Did you differentiate those to check whether you got back your original "integrands"?

The 2nd integral,as stated, is a very simple one to solve.

If you want help, and I am sure that you do, then show us your work so we can let you know where your mistakes are, if any.

I have not differentiated to check back.

For simplification I have posted U=Umax and P=Ps.

Below are the 4 pages, how I tried to solve the integration.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 0002.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 0003.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 0004.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 3
I have checked after you said and it is not coming same. Can you please share your solution.

I have checked after you said and it is not coming same. Can you please share your solution.
Okay, I have run through this again (much more carefully) and I'm getting your result. You did it correctly.

-Dan