Homework help Please

markeyab

A store Has a percentage lease at a rate of 2.5 percent of gross monthly sales. First -quarter sales were 3,500 for JAn. , 4,250 for Feb , and 5,990 for March. What was the total rent for the first three months?

A:$276.50
B:$319.25
C:$343.50
D:$424.25

I have No Idea how too Start this problem if somebody could explain it too me would be great , Thanks

A store Has a percentage lease at a rate of 2.5 percent of gross monthly sales. First -quarter sales were 3,500 for JAn. , 4,250 for Feb , and 5,990 for March. What was the total rent for the first three months?
I have No Idea how too Start this problem if somebody could explain it too me would be great , Thanks
If you truly have no idea about this, then why have you been asked to solve it?
That makes no sense whatsoever!
Therefore, please post what you do know about this problem.
Otherwise, we see your post as a fishing exportation for someone to simply give you a solution.

wow, I have too give you my background story just for help on one math question? That's really completely unfair and if that is how this site works its completely useless too me.
I'm not in high school , I'm26 have been out of school for a couple of years. I'm studying for asvab test , and the practice book I have don't really explain every question. But if I have too tell you my life story just for a little help NVM.

Last edited:

I'll give you some hints:

What do you need find? - total rent paid

What else do you know - the rent paid is proportinal to gross monthly sales.

What was the toatl sales? How is that related to total rent paid?