homework help (URGENT, dead due 5 oct)

xinxin

Please please anyone who know how to answer, help to answer. thank you in advance!!

Question 1

The company plans to pay a dividend of $5 per share at the end of the first year. It then promises its investors that its dividends will grow at a rate of 7% for the next 10 years after the end of the first year and at 5% after that.

Suppose that you are given the additional information: risk-free rate = 1.25%, beta of stock = 0.8, expected market return = 12%.

(a) Apply the Capital Asset Pricing Model to compute a suitable discount rate for the stock (5 marks)

(b) Compute the value of the stock (5 marks)

(c) If the investor thinks that the growth projection is too optimistic and the growth rates need to be reduced to 5% for the next 10 years after the first year and 0% after that, how would she value the stock now? (10 marks)

Question 2
A company is studying its finances for an island resort development project. The project is planned to initiate on 1 Jan 2016 and is able to produce revenue cash flows starting from $20 million on 1 Jan 2017 and this is expected to grow at 13% per year until 1 Jan 2025. All revenue cash flows are assumed to occur on the 1 Jan of each year.

The initial cost of the project is $100 million.
Assume that the beta of K&L Construction is 1.1, the risk-free rate is 1.7% and the market risk premium is 9.5%.

(a) Compute the cost of capital for the project. Explain the assumption that is made. (7 marks)

(b) Calculate the net present value for the project (regarding the present to be 1 Jan 2016). (7 marks)

(c) Calculate the internal rate of return for the project. (6 marks)

Please reply showing what you've been able to do so far, and we'll see what we can do to get you moving on the rest. Thank you! ;)

Please reply showing what you've been able to do so far, and we'll see what we can do to get you moving on the rest. Thank you! ;)

For Question 1 a) 0.0125 + 0.8 (0.12 - 0.0125) =0.0985

Part b & c, i'm not sure how to answer.

For question 2a) 0.017 + 1.1 (0.095) = 0.1215 (not sure if it is correct)

Why is that? Teacher was absent?

It's a graded assignment, we are not suppose to ask the lecturer.

For question 2, the statement "is expected to grow at 13% per year until 1 Jan 2025." confused me. As i do not know where to use this information.

It's a graded assignment, we are not suppose to ask the lecturer.

For question 2, the statement "is expected to grow at 13% per year until 1 Jan 2025." confused me. As i do not know where to use this information.

And you are allowed to receive external help without doing "any" work!!

And you are allowed to receive external help without doing "any" work!!

and yes, we are allowed to use ALL sources of help except for the lecturer.

and did just you assume i didn't do "any" work? well the assignment consist of 10 questions, i only asked 2 that I'm unsure of.

if you are not here to give any help, please do not give any negative comment.

This is a math forum, it's not for some bullshit comment =.=

did just you assume i didn't do "any" work?
Since you did not show any work (despite what you'd seen in the "Read Before Posting" thread that you'd read before posting), it was reasonable to assume that you had not done any work. Apologies for the confusion.

In future, kindly please assist in avoiding this confusion by providing the requesting information. Thank you! ;)