How can I compute the result of the intensity of edges given by the compass operator of an image?

robi10101298

Hello guys, if I have an image with 11x11 pixels and in the center of the image is a square of 5x5 pixels, with the gray level of the background 0 and the gray level of the square is 50. How can I compute the result of the magnitude of edges(intensity of the contour) given by the compass operator for this image taking into account that the image is not noisy? I need to apply simple derivation because the image it's not noisy.

Did you think that maybe nobody answered you because you are asking about how to use a particular tool that no one else has?

Hello guys, if I have an image with 11x11 pixels and in the center of the image is a square of 5x5 pixels, with the gray level of the background 0 and the gray level of the square is 50. How can I compute the result of the magnitude of edges(intensity of the contour) given by the compass operator for this image taking into account that the image is not noisy? I need to apply simple derivation because the image it's not noisy.
What does this statement mean?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

W

What particular tool?
Oh, dear! I had assumed that YOU knew what "magnitude of edges", "intensity of the contour", and "the compass operator for this image" meant! If not, where did you get this? If from a class, discuss this with your teacher.

But did you [think] that maybe [I posted here because I'm not getting answers at the other places I've asked]?
Hi robi. No, I didn't consider that, as I never checked out those places. I simply gave other readers a heads up -- to realize that something they might think of posting here in the future could possibly have been already discussed elsewhere.

By the way, if you google the topic's keywords, you'll find references to computer science courses and books that define compass operators and teach how to use them for finding "magnitude of edges" in a digital image. At some point, perhaps a member will add detailed information here, but until then you may want to consider posting at a computer-science forum or technology board for digital images.

?

Hi robi. No, I didn't consider that, as I never checked out those places. I simply gave other readers a heads up -- to realize that something they might think of posting here in the future could possibly have been already discussed elsewhere.

By the way, if you google the topic's keywords, you'll find references to computer science courses and books that define compass operators and teach how to use them for finding "magnitude of edges" in a digital image. At some point, perhaps a member will add detailed information here, but until then you may want to consider posting at a computer-science forum or technology board for digital images.

?
Thanks for the info. My problem is that I only find details related to noisy images, and I have a noiseless image. If I apply the information from these links I'm getting in a place where I shouldn't be, meaning that this problem can be solved in a much easier way.

… I only find details related to noisy images, and I have a noiseless image … meaning that this problem can be solved in a much easier way [than treating both image types the same].
A structured study of the topic may reveal how to work differently with noisy and noiseless images. First, I would try asking at a forum for discussing digital-image technology (at quora or stackexchange, perhaps). Someone might add information to this thread at some point, too.

?