How can I shift my numbers from negative side of the numerical axis to positive side

fatihbarut

Hi all,
How can I shift my numbers from the negative side of the numerical axis to the positive side without breaking the ratio between them?

let's say I have numbers -10 -5 0 5 10 and I want to compare these numbers, however, I just need ratios but don't need the sign. therefore I want to see all of them on the positive side of the number axis

how can I make my negative numbers positive without breaking the ratio relation between my negative and positive numbers?

for example, if you divide all of them to the same number before shift and get a result you will divide them to the multiplied same number after shift andthe result won't change

Hi all,
How can I shift my numbers from the negative side of the numerical axis to the positive side without breaking the ratio between them?

let's say I have numbers -10 -5 0 5 10 and I want to compare these numbers, however, I just need ratios but don't need the sign. therefore I want to see all of them on the positive side of the number axis

how can I make my negative numbers positive without breaking the ratio relation between my negative and positive numbers?
Are you familiar with the concept of absolute value?

Hi all,

In order to be sure of our answer, we need to know more about the context. Where do the numbers come from, what are you going to use the ratio for, and why do you not need the sign?

The answer could be as easy as JeffM's suggestion, but that could also be entirely wrong.

The answer of my problem was, the ratio of percentage of absolute value of difference of slope of moving avarages. And yes I know the distance to zero.

In order to be sure of our answer, we need to know more about the context. Where do the numbers come from, what are you going to use the ratio for, and why do you not need the sign?

The answer could be as easy as JeffM's suggestion, but that could also be entirely wrong.
really appreciated to all for your consideration.

So the ratio of -3 and 2 is 3/2 or 3:2?

Then just ignore the sign. You do not even have to know about absolute values to do that.

I am wondering what ratios are those if there is 0 involved.