How do find to value of x or y so that the line through to point has the given slope?

xpatel

Hello community

I have the following coordinates of (x, 6) and (-6, 0) with a slope of 3. How do I find x give a slope value of 3? I keep getting x as 4. I'm something wrong. The equation I am using is y2-y1 = m(x2-x1), but unsure if this the right approach or formula. Thanks for the help

very respectfully
Xita

Hello community

I have the following coordinates of (x, 6) and (-6, 0) with a slope of 3. How do I find x give a slope value of 3? I keep getting x as 4. I'm something wrong. The equation I am using is y2-y1 = m(x2-x1), but unsure if this the right approach or formula. Thanks for the help

very respectfully
Xita

Please post the EXACT problem (as it was given to you).

Hello community

I have the following coordinates of (x, 6) and (-6, 0) with a slope of 3. How do I find x give a slope value of 3? I keep getting x as 4. I'm something wrong. The equation I am using is y2-y1 = m(x2-x1), but unsure if this the right approach or formula.
Given \(\displaystyle A: (x,6)~\&~B: (-6,0)\) as one 'moves' from \(\displaystyle A\to B\) the change in \(\displaystyle x\) is \(\displaystyle \Delta x=-6-x\) and the change in \(\displaystyle y\) is \(\displaystyle \Delta y= -6\).

Slope is defined as \(\displaystyle m=\dfrac{\Delta y}{\Delta x}=\dfrac{-6}{-6-x}=3\)