How do I evaluate for T?

aresyl

This says this is solvable but I don't understand what to do.

Attachments

• solve this for T.JPG
    solve this for T.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 11
A quick Mr. Science moment: R is the unit for a temperature measured in the Rankine scale, which is similar to the Kelvin scale, but measured in Fahrenheit degrees. :)

-Dan

A quick Mr. Science moment: R is the unit for a temperature measured in the Rankine scale, which is similar to the Kelvin scale, but measured in Fahrenheit degrees. :)

-Dan
Thanks. My next silly question: what does [imath]R^{-1}[/imath] in the left hand side mean ?

This says this is solvable but I don't understand what to do.
It doesn't say it can be solved algebraically, only that they solved it by some means, probably by technology. What is the context? Do they say anything more about what tools they used?

Here is a graph (in Desmos) of the two sides of the equation, showing the solution:

1635884607603.png

One thing you can see is that your source rounded the solution to the nearest degree.

Thanks. My next silly question: what does [imath]R^{-1}[/imath] in the left hand side mean ?
It means "per degree Rankine", which is consistent with the RHS. (In the RHS, the constant must have units of degree Rankine to cancel the other terms.)