How do I reduce a countable subcover to a finite subcover

Cratylus

This is general question relating to compactness. I am not to sure on the method
So for sake of argument,let X be a 2nd countable set. By definition, I have a countable basis .
Let $B_n$ ={$B_1,…, B_n$} be that basis. Then for each n$\in$ Z

How do I reduce a countable subcover to a finite subcover ?

This is general question relating to compactness. I am not to sure on the method
So for sake of argument,let X be a 2nd countable set. By definition, I have a countable basis .
Let $B_n$ ={$B_1,…, B_n$} be that basis. Then for each n$\in$ Z

How do I reduce a countable subcover to a finite subcover ?
You are miss-using the the definition of first & second countable!
See General Topology by Helen F. Cullen, page 33.
A topological space [imath](\mathcal{S},\mathfrak{T})[/imath] is said to be a first countable space iff each point [imath]x\in\mathcal{S}[/imath] has a countable local base.
[imath](\mathcal{S},\mathfrak{T})[/imath] is second countable iff there exists a countable base for the topology [imath]\mathfrak{T}[/imath].
So first and second countable spaces do not necessarily have the finite subcover property.
Please read your source material again. It seems yo may be confusing this with compactness.

You are miss-using the the definition of first & second countable!
See General Topology by Helen F. Cullen, page 33.
A topological space [imath](\mathcal{S},\mathfrak{T})[/imath] is said to be a first countable space iff each point [imath]x\in\mathcal{S}[/imath] has a countable local base.
[imath](\mathcal{S},\mathfrak{T})[/imath] is second countable iff there exists a countable base for the topology [imath]\mathfrak{T}[/imath].
So first and second countable spaces do not necessarily have the finite subcover property.
Please read your source material again. It seems yo may be confusing this with compactness.
Wow I didn’t finish writing it and got an answer.
I know the definitions. The definition of 2nd countable is in the section on Compactness in my text .So I assumed it dealt with compactness
My text is first course in topology by Robert conover ,1975