How do I solve......

Coco(nut)

Solve using combination.
A computer randomly generates a four letter password. How many passwords are possible if letters may repeat?

Solve using permutation.
In a sweepstakes with ninety entries, the selected winners each get one of ten big screen tv's. How many possible outcomes are there.

Solve using combination.
A computer randomly generates a four letter password. How many passwords are possible if letters may repeat?
How many options are there for the first letter? How many for the second? How many for the third? For the fourth?

Then how many options, all together?

Solve using permutation.
In a sweepstakes with ninety entries, the selected winners each get one of ten big screen tv's. How many possible outcomes are there?
You are told to use permutations. You are given that there are ninety entries, and ten are chosen. What are your thoughts? ;)

Can you let me know if 104 is correct for the first one and if 90P10 is correct for the second one? Thank you!

Can you let me know if 104 is correct for the first one

Let's play the back-of-the-book game. We are not sure of the answer. So look it up.

The book says \(\displaystyle 10^4\). WHAT? How the heck?

Thanks for the help, now I just hope I did good on all of my work so I can be done with Algebra, for now.:D
Well I've got to start getting up at 5:00am for my first job (I'm only fifteen and yes I'm ahead in school) that I start in two weeks on my sweet sixteen, so good night and I wish everyone luck on whatever problems they have.

Can you let me know if 104 is correct for the first one and if 90P10 is correct for the second one? Thank you!
"104" is not even close! IF you meant 10^4= 10000 then it would be correct IF the password consisted of digits, 0 to 9. But you said "A computer randomly generates a four letter password." I would interpret "letter" to mean an alphabetic letter.