How do I use the complex exponential form of sin(x) for integration?

Al-Layth

I am told this identity:
[math]\sin(x) = \frac{e^{ix} - e^{-ix} }{2i}[/math]
How can I use this identity to integrate sin(x) ?

[math]\int{\sin(x)}dx \longrightarrow \int{\frac{e^{ix} - e^{-ix} }{2i}}dx \longrightarrow \frac{1}{2i}\int{e^{ix}}dx - \frac{1}{2i} \int{e^{-ix}}dx[/math]
I don't know how integration works if there are imaginary numbers involved.

plz help thank

I am told this identity:
[math]\sin(x) = \frac{e^{ix} - e^{-ix} }{2i}[/math]
How can I use this identity to integrate sin(x) ?

[math]\int{\sin(x)}dx \longrightarrow \int{\frac{e^{ix} - e^{-ix} }{2i}}dx \longrightarrow \frac{1}{2i}\int{e^{ix}}dx - \frac{1}{2i} \int{e^{-ix}}dx[/math]
I don't know how integration works if there are imaginary numbers involved.

plz help thank
Imaginary numbers are just constants ? The rules for integration are the same as with real constants, for example, what would you do if it was 4x instead of ix?

thanks

that worked

one more question: Although this time I could recognise the expression for -cos(x) . Is there a general way of converting a complex algebraic expression into a form with no imaginary numbers? (given that you know the expression is real despite containing imaginary terms, just as I knew the integral of sin(x) should be real)

thanks

that worked

one more question: Although this time I could recognise the expression for -cos(x) . Is there a general way of converting a complex algebraic expression into a form with no imaginary numbers? (given that you know the expression is real despite containing imaginary terms, just as I knew the integral of sin(x) should be real)
You know that [imath]e^{ix}=\cos(x)+i\sin(x)[/imath], right?

Put that into the expression you got, and simplify. If you're right about the answer being real, the i's should go away.

Please tell me how to answer an existing topic?
Maybe I'm not writing correctly?
Please help.
Thank you.

Maybe I am not understanding your question, but if you're given \(\displaystyle \int \dfrac {e^{ix} - e^{-ix}}{2i}dx\), then notice that \(\displaystyle \dfrac {e^{ix} - e^{-ix}}{2i} = sin x\) and \(\displaystyle \int \dfrac {e^{ix} - e^{-ix}}{2i}dx = \int sinx dx = -\cos x + c \)