How many of the students in Class A score higher than half of the students in Class B?

EddyBenzen122

The title above is the question I need help to solve. The full statement of that problem is "Class A has 40 students and class B has 50 students. The two classes took the same test in Algebra. The results are presented by the box and whisker plots below. How many of the students in Class A score higher than half of the students in ClaB?"1633204860411.pngThis was the graph on the booklet, the numbers below are not the number of students, they are the test results . The only thing I was able to find is the half of the students in class B which is 25 and I don't have any idea what to do next, my attempt was to find the percentage of those 25 students, but I don't know how? Will anybody be able to give me a hint on what I should try next to solve the problem?

The title above is the question I need help to solve. The full statement of that problem is "Class A has 40 students and class B has 50 students. The two classes took the same test in Algebra. The results are presented by the box and whisker plots below. How many of the students in Class A score higher than half of the students in ClaB?"View attachment 29111

This was the graph on the booklet, the numbers below are not the number of students, they are the test results . The only thing I was able to find is the half of the students in class B which is 25 and I don't have any idea what to do next, my attempt was to find the percentage of those 25 students, but I don't know how? Will anybody be able to give me a hint on what I should try next to solve the problem?
The five vertical lines in a box-and-whisker plot represent the 0th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quartiles; that is, they divide the data in to four equal groups. So what value did half the students in class B score lower than? Then, what fraction of class A scored higher than that?

If you don't understand these plots, see here:

1633212302246.pngAm i understanding this correctly? I drew line where the median is in Class B along with the 3rd quartile, I believe that 25% above the 3rd quartile is where the students in class A did better then the half of the students in class B because the max whisker passes the median. I got the 78 from the x - axis where the median is located.

Ok so you have established that 25% of Class A did better than half of Class B. Correct!
So, to answer the given question, how many students is that? (Remember that you are told that Class A has 40 students.)