How to dilute 50mg pill into .5mg doses in distilled water?

unethicaljumper

How do I dilute a 50mg pill into 0.5mg doses in distilled water? 20 drops equals 1ml with the dropper i bought on amazon. How do I do the math?

You can't break the pill......?;)
How much water do you want in each dose?

100. What would be the math formula for what im trying to do so i can play around with different dosages accurately?

These calculators just make it more confusing to play around with different numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
100. What would be the math formula for what im trying to do so i can play around with different dosages accurately?

These calculators just make it more confusing to play around with different numbers.
100 doses. Now you can figure out how much water to use based on what one dose looks like. I don't know what your procedure is. Do you want one dose to be n drops? n ml?

Yes, i want to figure out how to get .5ml to be .5mg dose from the dropper. I would also like to figure our how to get 1 drop = .05ml to be equal to .5 mg.
Also what is considered the volume in all of this? thanks.

Yes, i want to figure out how to get .5ml to be .5mg dose from the dropper. I would also like to figure our how to get 1 drop = .05ml to be equal to .5 mg.
Also what is considered the volume in all of this? thanks.
1. For distilled water 1ml is very close to 1g (look up distilled water density).
2. I don't know how dissolving the pill affects the volume of the solution. Depends on the pill. Let's assume it doesn't.

If 1 dose is 0.5ml of solution, we need 100*0.5ml = 50ml of water.
If 1 dose is 0.05ml of solution, we need ?

Is this right? Dont want to make an error here.

1 drop = .05ML
25MG / .5MGdose = 50doses
25MG / 50doses = .5MGdose
50 doses X 1MLsolution = 50ML = .5MGdose / 20drops =.025MG/drop
50 doses X .5MLsoultion = 25ML = .5MGdose / 10drops = .05MG/drop
50 doses X.05MLsolution = 2.5ML = .5MGdose / 1drop = .5MG/drop
50 doses X.25MLsolution =12.5ML = .5MGdose / 5drops = .1MG/drop