how to find acceleration and velocity in a curved graph

sene

how to find acceleration and velocity in this graph

60349361_1248675248639176_3510511095846535168_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In the given function, does the independent variable represent time and the dependent variable represent position/displacement?

You ask about finding "velocity and acceleration" but the graph says nothing about time or distance so says nothing about velocity or acceleration! Are we to assume that "x" is "time" and "y" is "distance"? And what methods do you have available? Is this for a Calculus class? Do you know about the derivative of a function?

You ask about finding "velocity and acceleration" but the graph says nothing about time or distance so says nothing about velocity or acceleration! Are we to assume that "x" is "time" and "y" is "distance"? And what methods do you have available? Is this for a Calculus class? Do you know about the derivative of a function?
yes we need to assume "X" is time and "Y" is distance. I am so poor at math. So i have no idea how to do this

In my first post I asked "Is this for a Calculus class? Do you know about the derivative of a function?"

You have answered neither of those questions. Notice that Harry_the_cat is asking the same question.

I actually moved this thread from the Stats forum to here, under the assumption the calculus is to be used.