How to write an equation.

Axionart

I am trying to express a concept but I don't have maths notation. Can someone please explain how I would express this in an equation. The value of x is determined by the number of particles (in x) by the number of photons (in x) by the overall momentum (in x) by the time dilation (in x)

I am trying to express a concept but I don't have maths notation. Can someone please explain how I would express this in an equation. The value of x is determined by the number of particles (in x) by the number of photons (in x) by the overall momentum (in x) by the time dilation (in x)
I assume this is a question related to Physics.

What is the topic that is being discussed?

What does the term "(in x)" mean in this context?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Further, saying that "f is determined by x" just means, mathematically, that "f is a function of x" and there are many types of functions.

The best you can do with "The value of x is determined by the number of particles (in x) by the number of photons (in x) by the overall momentum (in x) by the time dilation (in x)"
is to say, letting "p" be the number of particles (in x), "q" be the number of photons (in x), "m" be the overall momentum (in x), and "t" be the time dilation (in x), then x= F(p, q, m, t) for some function F. Is that what you want?

(I am also bothered by the "(in x)". Since x is a "value", a number, how can there be any particles, photons, momentum, or time dilation "in x"? I suspect you are referring to some moving object and are talking about particles, photons, momentum, and time dilation "in" that object, not "in x".)