I Can’t Stop Doing Practice Problems

spaceshowfeature1

I Can’t Stop Doing Practice Problems

I keep making stupid stupid mistakes on practice problems.

ive done over 50 practice problems. I GET THE CONCEPT BUT I KEEP FACTORING INCORRECTLY, I MAKE STUPID MULTIPLICATION MISTAKES. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Please help. It s a never ending of cycle of me making up practice problems, becuase I have used up what the internet has to offer. All of my work is always invalidated by ONE STUPID MISTAKE. It never ends!!!!

How many practice problems should I do? When do I know when I’ve mastered a subject? Please help I’m suffering.

ive done over 50 practice problems. I GET THE CONCEPT BUT I KEEP FACTORING INCORRECTLY, I MAKE STUPID MULTIPLICATION MISTAKES. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Please help. It s a never ending of cycle of me making up practice problems, becuase I have used up what the internet has to offer. All of my work is always invalidated by ONE STUPID MISTAKE. It never ends!!!!

How many practice problems should I do? When do I know when I’ve mastered a subject? Please help I’m suffering.

You should stop doing things that lead only to frustration.

Slow down. Breathe... Take your time. Write clearly. WRITE DOWN every step you take. Make sure you can understand what you have written - even after you take a break and eat lunch. Speed may be of some consequence, some day, but not today.

EVERYONE makes mistakes. That is why people with much experience ALWAYS say that you SHOULD check your work. You may make mistakes, but you will not publish mistakes if you check before committing. (And I say that despite having erred on this very site by not checking before publishing.) If you want advice on how to check in specific situations, please ask questions on that specific topic, or, better yet, give specific examples where you erred.

I repeat: humans are not robots and so will make mistakes. That is why learning how to validate your conclusions is invaluable.

Please help. It s a never ending of cycle of me making up practice problems, becuase I have used up what the internet has to offer. All of my work is always invalidated by ONE STUPID MISTAKE. It never ends!!!! How many practice problems should I do? When do I know when I’ve mastered a subject? Please help I’m suffering./QUOTE]
Are you approaching this correctly?
I maintain that the correct way to learn factoring is to do many, many multiplications.
That is have you done \(\displaystyle (7x+4)(2x-7)=~?\) Now I don't mean for you to just dash it off to get it done.
The answer is \(\displaystyle 14x^2-41x-28\), to check your answer you can go HERE.
Once you have the correct answer, then you must analyze every term of the answer( where did each term come from?)

Try this \(\displaystyle (x+y)(3x-2y+z)(x^2+2y^3+z^4-w)=~?\).
Now try it first the go to the WolframAlpha web site to check your answer.
Then explain how each term is madeup.

Once one understands how an expression comes about, then it can be taken apart( factored).