I have done this problem so many times and still can't figure it out.

Jamie Collins

Zola lives 1.3 miles from school and she has to be there in 20 minutes. How fast does she need to walk in order to get here on time?

I have even looked at how you would solve this but it always doesn't work. I know the answer but I don't know how to solve it. Please help me with the steps. I am fairly confused.

Zola lives 1.3 miles from school and she has to be there in 20 minutes. How fast does she need to walk in order to get here on time?

I have even looked at how you would solve this but it always doesn't work. I know the answer but I don't know how to solve it. Please help me with the steps. I am fairly confused.
I'll ask you to think about a similar but different problem:

Jamie has 20 $ . Jamie wants to buy two (2) identical trousers . What should be the (maximum) price of each trouser such that Jamie can buy two trousers with 20$.

The thought process required for these two problems are very similar.

You say that you know the answer. Is the answer in miles per hour or miles per minute?

If you want miles per minute = miles/minutes, then the answer is (2.3 miles)/(20 minutes). All you have to do is compute 2.3/20 and you'll be done. For example IF 2.3/20 = .32, then the answer would be .32 miles/hr.

If you want miles per hour = miles/hour then you have to realize that 20 minutes = (1/3) hour. Then the answer is simply (2.3 miles)/(1/3 hr). All you have to do is compute 2.3/(1/3).

You say that you know the answer. Is the answer in miles per hour or miles per minute?

If you want miles per minute = miles/minutes, then the answer is (2.3 miles)/(20 minutes). All you have to do is compute 2.3/20 and you'll be done. For example IF 2.3/20 = .32, then the answer would be .32 miles/hr.

If you want miles per hour = miles/hour then you have to realize that 20 minutes = (1/3) hour. Then the answer is simply (2.3 miles)/(1/3 hr). All you have to do is compute 2.3/(1/3).
Thank you.

Did you solve this problem? What answer did you get?