I Need help I have 2 problems of which I do not even underst

candace

-4x - 2 for x = 5

-7x^2 for x = 5

I do not even know how to do this! I must evaluate its Expressions and formulas

Let me give you a similar problem as a guide.

Evaluate:
3x[sup:17k3x85l]2[/sup:17k3x85l]-4 for x=-3.

We, simply plug the -3 into the expression in place of x, then evaluate the expression. In this case...
3x[sup:17k3x85l]2[/sup:17k3x85l]-4 =
3(-3)[sup:17k3x85l]2[/sup:17k3x85l]-4=
3(9)-4=
27-4=23

candace said:
-4x - 2 for x = 5
-7x^2 for x = 5
I do not even know how to do this! I must evaluate its Expressions and formulas
WHY do you NOT know? Skipping math classes?

Given first expression is:
-4x – 2 for x = 5
We can, simply replace x with 5 in given expression. The given expression is
-4x – 2 =
-4(5) – 2 =
-20 – 2 =
Similarly we can evaluate the other expression for the given point.

If you are interested in more details, you may visit:
[advertisement deleted]

learnerjack said:
Given first expression is:
-4x – 2 for x = 5
We can, simply replace

If you are interested in more details, you may visit:
winpossible.com <<link deleted>>
Candace, the website referenced in the last reply is about finding the equation for a line, which has nothing to do with your problem. I regret that it might have wasted your time. Do you understand how to replace the variable in your expressions with the number and then evaluate the expressions. I realize the advertisement echoed what had already been said (in substandard English, of course, as these ads always do), but the point is, Did you get it or do you still need help? There are a few parts to your problem, and if you show us your work on this board, we can probably help.

Otherwise, I would encourage you to follow the advice of our long-time members above or write back if you need any more help.

The help was very helpful. I understand the problem now. And NO I have not skipped math classes, I am in classes online and there is no visual or one on one instruction, therefore because I have never in my life did algebra it is foreign to me.
Thank you
Candace

Just a friendly advice:

If you need to use this course for further studies - then taking Algebra online is not a good idea - specially without a face-to-face tutor.

candace said:
And NO I have not skipped math classes, I am in classes online and there is no visual or one on one instruction, therefore because I have never in my life did algebra it is foreign to me.
Well, would you take a "how to drive a jet" course through an online class :wink: