I really need help if someone can answer this please

DanielleE959

A species of beetle was brought to Arizona and started with a habitat area of 2 square miles. The beetle population was unfortunately invasive. The species doubled its habitat width every x weeks, and doubled its habitat length every y weeks. After a period of time, the beetle species could be found over a habitat of 1000 square miles.

What equation represents the area of the beetle habitat in terms of x and y?

A species of beetle was brought to Arizona and started with a habitat area of 2 square miles. The beetle population was unfortunately invasive. The species doubled its habitat width every x weeks, and doubled its habitat length every y weeks. After a period of time, the beetle species could be found over a habitat of 1000 square miles.

I would imagine that if you were given this exercise, you would have been taught about exponential growth and doubling. But there are several rather different ways to express that, so I'd rather not even try to get you started and risk showing you a way that would only confuse you. So please show us either some work, or an example or formula you were taught.

In other words, please do as we ask you:

A species of beetle was brought to Arizona and started with a habitat area of 2 square miles.

Area equal width times length: A= WL
The beetle population was unfortunately invasive. The species doubled its habitat width every x weeks, and doubled its habitat length every y weeks.
W= W(0)2^(t/x) and L= L(0)2^(t/y) where W(0) and L(0) are the initial length and width and t is the time since introduction in weeks.

After a period of time, the beetle species could be found over a habitat of 1000 square miles.