"If distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) equals 4, solve for x" & 19 other q's

jpauloweyt

"If distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) equals 4, solve for x" & 19 other q's

GUYs I HAVE NO GUESS, I Even Don't know a single thing about this. And it's my project but i don't know what to do HUHUHUH1:sad::sad:

So here it is:
(this is 20 sorry guys but hoping you could help me!! so badly!!:eek::D:()

1. If the distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) is equal to 4, solve for the value of x.

2. If ( 4, y ) is equidistant from ( 5, -2 ) and ( 3, 4 ), determine the value of y. Plot the three points.

3. Determine the equation of the line having the parametric equations x = 2 + t and y = 5 – 3t.

4. Three points lie in a straight line ( -2, 3 ), ( -3, 5 ) and ( x, y ). Solve for the equation of the line. Sketch the graph of the line.

5. The equation of a given line is 3x – 4y – 8k = 0. If the y – intercept of this line is 2, determine the value of k?

6. The base of an isosceles triangle is the line segment joining the points ( 4, -3 ) and ( -4, 5 ). Determine the equation of the line where the third vertex is located. Sketch the graph.

7. Solve for the equation of the circle having a radius of 4 units and concentric with the circle
x2 + y2 -4x – 6y + 4 = 0.

8. Compute for the distance between the centers of the two circles x2 + y2 -4x – 4y + 4 = 0 and x2 + y2 -4x + 8y + 4 = 0. Sketch the graph.

9. Solve for the equation of a circle circumscribing a triangle whose vertices are ( 0, 0 ), ( 0, 5 ) and
( 3, 3 ). Sketch the graph.

10. Compute for the length of the chord of a circle defined by the equation x2 + y2 -16x = 0 if the distance between the chord and the center of the circle is 4 units.

11. One endpoint of the latus rectum of a certain parabola is located at ( -3, 6 ). The vertex is at the origin and the axis is parallel to the x – axis. Compute for the length of the latus rectum.

12. Determine the equation of a parabola whose axis is vertical and passing thru ( 0, 0 ), ( 1, 0 ) and (5, -20 ). Plot the points then sketch the graph.

13. An automobile headlight is cut a by a plane thru its axis, the section formed is a parabola having the light center as the focus. If the light is 18mm from the vertex and the diameter of the reflector is 250mm, find the depth of the headlight. Draw the figure.

14. Water spouts from the tip of a horizontal pipe 40m above the ground. 20m below the pipe, the water stream is at a horizontal distance of 16m from the vertical line thru the end of the pipe. How far from the vertical line will the stream of water hit the ground?

15. An ellipse has an eccentricity of 1/3. Compute for the distance between the directrices if the distance between foci is 4.

16. Solve for the equation of an ellipse with foci at ( 2, -7 ) and ( 2, 9 ) and with 2a = 34. Sketch the curve.

17. An ellipse has an equation of the form Ax2 + By2 + F = 0. If the curve passes thru ( 4, 0 ) and
(0, 3), determine the general equation of the ellipse.

18. Determine the vertices of the hyperbola 16y2 – 9x2 + 36x + 96y – 36 = 0. Sketch the graph.

19. Compute for the eccentricity of the conic section 16x2 – 9y2 - 128x – 90y – 113 = 0.

20. Compute for the eccentricity of a hyperbola having 2c = 18 and distance between directrices equal to 2. Sketch the graph.

Last edited by a moderator:
GUYs I HAVE NO GUESS, I Even Don't know a single thing about this. And it's my project but i don't know what to do HUHUHUH1:sad::sad:

So here it is:

1. If the distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) is equal to 4, solve for the value of x.

1. If ( 4, y ) is equidistant from ( 5, -2 ) and ( 3, 4 ), determine the value of y. Plot the three points.

1. Determine the equation of the line having the parametric equations x = 2 + t and y = 5 – 3t.

1. Three points lie in a straight line ( -2, 3 ), ( -3, 5 ) and ( x, y ). Solve for the equation of the line. Sketch the graph of the line.

1. The equation of a given line is 3x – 4y – 8k = 0. If the y – intercept of this line is 2, determine the value of k?

1. The base of an isosceles triangle is the line segment joining the points ( 4, -3 ) and ( -4, 5 ). Determine the equation of the line where the third vertex is located. Sketch the graph.

1. Solve for the equation of the circle having a radius of 4 units and concentric with the circle

1. Compute for the distance between the centers of the two circles x2 + y2 -4x – 4y + 4 = 0 and x2 + y2 -4x + 8y + 4 = 0. Sketch the graph.

1. Solve for the equation of a circle circumscribing a triangle whose vertices are ( 0, 0 ), ( 0, 5 ) and

1. Compute for the length of the chord of a circle defined by the equation x2 + y2 -16x = 0 if the distance between the chord and the center of the circle is 4 units.
  2. One endpoint of the latus rectum of a certain parabola is located at ( -3, 6 ). The vertex is at the origin and the axis is parallel to the x – axis. Compute for the length of the latus rectum.

1. Determine the equation of a parabola whose axis is vertical and passing thru ( 0, 0 ), ( 1, 0 ) and (5, -20 ). Plot the points then sketch the graph.

1. An automobile headlight is cut a by a plane thru its axis, the section formed is a parabola having the light center as the focus. If the light is 18mm from the vertex and the diameter of the reflector is 250mm, find the depth of the headlight. Draw the figure.

1. Water spouts from the tip of a horizontal pipe 40m above the ground. 20m below the pipe, the water stream is at a horizontal distance of 16m from the vertical line thru the end of the pipe. How far from the vertical line will the stream of water hit the ground?

1. An ellipse has an eccentricity of 1/3. Compute for the distance between the directrices if the distance between foci is 4.

1. Solve for the equation of an ellipse with foci at ( 2, -7 ) and ( 2, 9 ) and with 2a = 34. Sketch the curve.

1. An ellipse has an equation of the form Ax2 + By2 + F = 0. If the curve passes thru ( 4, 0 ) and

1. Determine the vertices of the hyperbola 16y2 – 9x2 + 36x + 96y – 36 = 0. Sketch the graph.

1. Compute for the eccentricity of the conic section 16x2 – 9y2 - 128x – 90y – 113 = 0.

1. Compute for the eccentricity of a hyperbola having 2c = 18 and distance between directrices equal to 2. Sketch the graph.
So what do you want?

If you want "worked out" answers - we do not provide those unless you show considerable effort in finding those answers.

If you cannot solve problem #(1), I do not how you are expected to solve problem # (19) or (20)

So here it is:

1. If ( 4, y ) is equidistant from ( 5, -2 ) and ( 3, 4 ), determine the value of y. Plot the three points.

1. Determine the equation of the line having the parametric equations x = 2 + t and y = 5 – 3t.

1. Three points lie in a straight line ( -2, 3 ), ( -3, 5 ) and ( x, y ). Solve for the equation of the line. Sketch the graph of the line.

1. The equation of a given line is 3x – 4y – 8k = 0. If the y – intercept of this line is 2, determine the value of k?

1. The base of an isosceles triangle is the line segment joining the points ( 4, -3 ) and ( -4, 5 ). Determine the equation of the line where the third vertex is located. Sketch the graph.

1. Solve for the equation of the circle having a radius of 4 units and concentric with the circle

1. Compute for the distance between the centers of the two circles x2 + y2 -4x – 4y + 4 = 0 and x2 + y2 -4x + 8y + 4 = 0. Sketch the graph.

1. Solve for the equation of a circle circumscribing a triangle whose vertices are ( 0, 0 ), ( 0, 5 ) and

1. Compute for the length of the chord of a circle defined by the equation x2 + y2 -16x = 0 if the distance between the chord and the center of the circle is 4 units.
  2. One endpoint of the latus rectum of a certain parabola is located at ( -3, 6 ). The vertex is at the origin and the axis is parallel to the x – axis. Compute for the length of the latus rectum.

1. Determine the equation of a parabola whose axis is vertical and passing thru ( 0, 0 ), ( 1, 0 ) and (5, -20 ). Plot the points then sketch the graph.

1. An automobile headlight is cut a by a plane thru its axis, the section formed is a parabola having the light center as the focus. If the light is 18mm from the vertex and the diameter of the reflector is 250mm, find the depth of the headlight. Draw the figure.

1. Water spouts from the tip of a horizontal pipe 40m above the ground. 20m below the pipe, the water stream is at a horizontal distance of 16m from the vertical line thru the end of the pipe. How far from the vertical line will the stream of water hit the ground?

1. An ellipse has an eccentricity of 1/3. Compute for the distance between the directrices if the distance between foci is 4.

1. Solve for the equation of an ellipse with foci at ( 2, -7 ) and ( 2, 9 ) and with 2a = 34. Sketch the curve.

1. An ellipse has an equation of the form Ax2 + By2 + F = 0. If the curve passes thru ( 4, 0 ) and

1. Determine the vertices of the hyperbola 16y2 – 9x2 + 36x + 96y – 36 = 0. Sketch the graph.

1. Compute for the eccentricity of the conic section 16x2 – 9y2 - 128x – 90y – 113 = 0.

1. Compute for the eccentricity of a hyperbola having 2c = 18 and distance between directrices equal to 2. Sketch the graph.
As Subhotosh hinted, if you can't do the first three then you are in trouble. Do you know the distant formula. Learn that formula well, then try the first three problems and show us your work for the 1st 3 problems.

As Subhotosh hinted, if you can't do the first three then you are in trouble. Do you know the distant formula. Learn that formula well, then try the first three problems and show us your work for the 1st 3 problems.
So what do you want?If you want "worked out" answers - we do not provide those unless you show considerable effort in finding those answers.If you cannot solve problem #(1), I do not how you are expected to solve problem # (19) or (20)
Ooopss... Sorry! Sorry for the eagerness. Maybe I'm just messed up with those problems that I forgot to think and analyze it well. But I'm thankful that you've replied (I thought I was going to be ignored). You've made me realize too that I should also do my task as a student. I hope you forgive me!And moving on, I think I know the answer in 1 to 61. If the distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) is equal to 4, solve for the value of x.I used distance formula! I hope i'm correct.2. If ( 4, y ) is equidistant from ( 5, -2 ) and ( 3, 4 ), determine the value of y. Plot the three points. Distance formula again and I think 2 point form is applicable!3. Determine the equation of the line having the parametric equations x = 2 + t and y = 5 – 3t.I searched the value of t4. Three points lie in a straight line ( -2, 3 ), ( -3, 5 ) and ( x, y ). Solve for the equation of the line. Sketch the graph of the line.I used two point form formula5. The equation of a given line is 3x – 4y – 8k = 0. If the y – intercept of this line is 2, determine the value of k? circle so there shouldn't be x *squared* and y *squared* there! 6. The base of an isosceles triangle is the line segment joining the points ( 4, -3 ) and ( -4, 5 ). Determine the equation of the line where the third vertex is located. Sketch the graph.Distance formula! I have to find the distance of (x,y) and (4, -3) as d1 and (x,y) and (-4, 5) as d2WOOHHHH!! long way to go! I don't know some with their jargons or terms that are out of my own vocubulary HAAAHAH! :D I just hope you'll help me ASAP. Right at this moment, I'm thanking you for not ignoring me and for your future reply/ies!! THANK YOU :DDDD!!

Attachments

• IMG_4785.JPG
    IMG_4785.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 6
Ooopss... Sorry! Sorry for the eagerness. Maybe I'm just messed up with those problems that I forgot to think and analyze it well. But I'm thankful that you've replied (I thought I was going to be ignored). You've made me realize too that I should also do my task as a student. I hope you forgive me!And moving on, I think I know the answer in 1 to 61. If the distance between ( x, -1 ) and ( 2, 3) is equal to 4, solve for the value of x.I used distance formula! I hope i'm correct.2. If ( 4, y ) is equidistant from ( 5, -2 ) and ( 3, 4 ), determine the value of y. Plot the three points. Distance formula again and I think 2 point form is applicable!3. Determine the equation of the line having the parametric equations x = 2 + t and y = 5 – 3t.I searched the value of t4. Three points lie in a straight line ( -2, 3 ), ( -3, 5 ) and ( x, y ). Solve for the equation of the line. Sketch the graph of the line.I used two point form formula5. The equation of a given line is 3x – 4y – 8k = 0. If the y – intercept of this line is 2, determine the value of k? circle so there shouldn't be x *squared* and y *squared* there! 6. The base of an isosceles triangle is the line segment joining the points ( 4, -3 ) and ( -4, 5 ). Determine the equation of the line where the third vertex is located. Sketch the graph.Distance formula! I have to find the distance of (x,y) and (4, -3) as d1 and (x,y) and (-4, 5) as d2WOOHHHH!! long way to go! I don't know some with their jargons or terms that are out of my own vocubulary HAAAHAH! :D I just hope you'll help me ASAP. Right at this moment, I'm thanking you for not ignoring me and for your future reply/ies!! THANK YOU :DDDD!!
Yes, the answer to the 1st is correct.

The answer to the 2nd one is also correct. I did not try to follow your work as it is painfully long. To find the midpoint between two points just find the average of the 2 x-values and the average of the 2 y-values. So, y=(-2+4)/2 = (2)/2=1