I'm a bit stumped on this question not sure how to make it into an equation.

_Akuna_

An investor buys a total of 275 shares of two stocks: Company A and Company B. Company A is priced at $24 per share. Company B is priced at $17 per share. The investor spends a total of $5,459.

An investor buys a total of 275 shares of two stocks: Company A and Company B. Company A is priced at $24 per share. Company B is priced at $17 per share. The investor spends a total of $5,459.
You do not have a QUESTION to be answered in your above statement.

You do not have a QUESTION to be answered in your above statement.
Sorry about that I'll clarify. 275 being the number of shares bought you need to find how many of each stock (Stock A and B) is purchased to reach the total of $5459. Sorry about the poor clarification hope this helps.

If you need to look at the problem again: An investor buys a total of 275 shares of two stocks: Company A and Company B. Company A is priced at $24 per share. Company B is priced at $17 per share. The investor spends a total of $5,459.

Sorry about that I'll clarify. 275 being the number of shares bought you need to find how many of each stock (Stock A and B) is purchased to reach the total of $5459. Sorry about the poor clarification hope this helps.

If you need to look at the problem again: An investor buys a total of 275 shares of two stocks: Company A and Company B. Company A is priced at $24 per share. Company B is priced at $17 per share. The investor spends a total of $5,459.
Now that we have looked at what do you need to FIND for this assignment of yours:

Assign variable names to those:

how many of Stock A is purchased = A​
how many of Stock B is purchased = B​

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Interesting problem posted by akuna in line with what I am practicing right now. akuna, with your permission I'd love giving it a try in a new thread. You keep at it and the tutors here move you along smoothly. Just give it your best shot.