Im trying to find the Months (M) from P/S/M=ER

blekh1

Hello!

I work in clinical trials and wanted to know how I can use the below equation to find the months when I plug in the numbers. I can find the patients with the equation 2 but I dont know how to rearrange the equation to find the months or sites:

Equation:

1) Patients/ Sites/ Months = Enrollment Rate

2) Enrollment Rate * Months * Sites = Patients
3) how can I find the sites?
4) how can I find the months?

Cheers!

Hello!

I work in clinical trials and wanted to know how I can use the below equation to find the months when I plug in the numbers. I can find the patients with the equation 2 but I dont know how to rearrange the equation to find the months or sites:

Equation:

Cheers!
Please show us an exact problem (with numbers) about which you are confused.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

Hello!

I work in clinical trials and wanted to know how I can use the below equation (1) to find the months when I plug in the numbers. I can find the patients with the equation 2 but I dont know how to rearrange the equation to find the months or sites:

Equation:

1) Patients ÷ Sites ÷ Months = Enrollment Rate
1a) Example: 15 ÷ 4 ÷ 6 = 0.625

I then tried to rearrange the above equation to attain the number of Patients (Assuming I did not know the value of Patients) based on the same data. So I did the below:

2) Patients = Enrollment Rate x Sites x Months
2a) Example: 15 = 0.625 x 4 x 6
2b) Working out: Patients ÷ Sites ÷ Months = Enrollment Rate
multiply both sides by Sites and Months (E.g. x Sites x months)

3) Now I have no idea how to rearrange the equation to find the number of sites, assuming I know the value for patients, months and enrollment rate. I cannot simply use Sites = Enrollment rate x patients x months as it equates to 56.25 sites and we know the answer should be 4 sites.

4)I have the same problem for calculating the number of months assuming I know the other values.

Please help

Cheers

Hello!

I work in clinical trials and wanted to know how I can use the below equation (1) to find the months when I plug in the numbers. I can find the patients with the equation 2 but I dont know how to rearrange the equation to find the months or sites:

Equation:

1) Patients ÷ Sites ÷ Months = Enrollment Rate
1a) Example: 15 ÷ 4 ÷ 6 = 0.625

I then tried to rearrange the above equation to attain the number of Patients (Assuming I did not know the value of Patients) based on the same data. So I did the below:

2) Patients = Enrollment Rate x Sites x Months
2a) Example: 15 = 0.625 x 4 x 6
2b) Working out: Patients ÷ Sites ÷ Months = Enrollment Rate
multiply both sides by Sites and Months (E.g. x Sites x months)

3) Now I have no idea how to rearrange the equation to find the number of sites, assuming I know the value for patients, months and enrollment rate. I cannot simply use Sites = Enrollment rate x patients x months as it equates to 56.25 sites and we know the answer should be 4 sites.

4)I have the same problem for calculating the number of months assuming I know the other values.

Please help

Cheers
Start with the given equation:

P/S/M = ER ............ Then

P = ER * M * S ........................Then

P/ER = M * S

S = (P/ER)/M.......................................................................(1) .................................be careful with the order of operations (left to right)

Similarly you can solve for M to calculate M (no. of Months) and derive a similar equation. If you are still stuck - tell us and we will unstuck you.

Hello!

Equation:

To get the "Sites" alone divide both sides by "Rates" and "Months".

To get the "Months" alone divide both sides by "Rates" and "Sites"

P/S/M = E

P/S/M = P/(SM) = E

So P = ESM

S = P/(EM)

M = P/(ES)