Impossible physics question

sk8erboi

what the.JPG

I'm convinced my teacher made some sort of mistake because i've been looking through my notes and researching online and I have no clue how to find friction, net force or acceleration

How am i supposed to find friction without the coefficient? How do i find the coefficient without acceleration? How do i find acceleration without net force? This is driving me nuts

I would really appreciate if someone pointed me in the right direction. I already found the normal force and horizontal applied force

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread

yes, a coefficient of friction is needed to determine the friction force, net force and acceleration.

yes, a coefficient of friction is needed to determine the friction force, net force and acceleration.
what do i do then, do i tell my teacher she made a mistake?

I can't think of any way to find a coefficient, since (I'm assuming) the velocity isn't constant and there is acceleration

believe it or not, teachers DO make mistakes ... is there a problem with pointing out the omission of necessary information? i.e. will he/she bite your head off?

what do i do then, do i tell my teacher she made a mistake?

I can't think of any way to find a coefficient, since (I'm assuming) the velocity isn't constant and there is acceleration
Assuming you have shown us the entire question (I would have expected at least some description of the situation), it appears to be a mistake.

I would ask, not tell: "What am I missing? I don't see enough information here."

It is conceivable that you have missed something; by asking, you give your teacher a chance to realize the omission and apologize, or possibly to point out something you did miss.

Surely you understand that the same object, moving over different surfaces, rough, smooth, smooth oiled, will have different frictions. You can't "calculate" the friction without knowing those properties.