Is homeschooling a good idea?

Sharlynharvile

I personally believe that if the student becomes worried that the surrounding conditions are going to affect them in negative way, so the best suitable option available for him or her is to enroll in home school.

Often the surrounding environment of the students could put negative effects on the academic performance of the students and lower their performance in final examinations. So in such cases homeschooling would be the better and feasible option for those students.

Many Writing services have conducted thorough research work in this domain and they wrote several articles on this topic. Their research findings have shown that homeschooling is really a good idea.

Everyone has his/her own best environment. With sufficient focus, almost all can succeed quite nicely in almost any environment. It is utterly false that a negative environment necessarily prevents success.

You will have to define "homeschool". Any school requires appropriate resources. Any success story requires appropriate motivation. If the ONLY reason you consider homeschooling is that you hate the outside world, that will not inherently create a positive environment. It has been my long standing advice that parents can generally keep up with their child's educational requirements, even if they have no particular background in the subject, except in mathematics. Thus, if you, the parent, can't handle the mathematics, get outside help or abandon your plan for homeschooling. If your students see your fear, you will not be able to inspire them.

My views. I welcome others'.

Regular schools have their advantages/disadvantages and so do home schooling.

Here is one advantage which I see in the homeschooling.
If a builder was building a foundation for a new building would it be OK if the builder did C level work on the foundation? Of course not! Same for the 1st floor--C (or B) level work is unacceptable. But with education it seems that this is acceptable. That is total nonsense! Students should NOT move onto the next topic until they master the last topic. To me this is so obvious but to the people in power who can make this change, they feel it is not profitable and they won't do it. Now with homeschooling that is completely different. You can make sure that your child does not move on until they master the material. I once heard someone ask the parent of a homeschooler if they gave their child exams. The mother had to think about it for a minute and then said no, because they knew their child would get an A on the test.

Homeschooling is a great way to work...but it should definitely be supported by outside or online help (especially upper grades). I know that the most productive homeschoolers are at work online as well as at home.

Homeschooling is a great way to work...but it should definitely be supported by outside or online help (especially upper grades). I know that the most productive homeschoolers are at work online as well as at home.
That really depends on the education of the parents. I think that one parent say having a phd in literature and the other having a phd in science really should be sufficient

That's true. In my case, my dad was an English and History major, and he taught them both for many years. So it just helped to have outside math help. :)

Well, I think Homeschooling is workable, there are unlimited resources from the Internet to help parents to teach their kids. Like Beestar, an online website that provides a free math worksheet for students to practice in order to master their math fundamental skill. I have been using Beestar since 2019 for my son when he was in grade 2, and his grade is improving. You may try that to help in homeschooling.