Jordan's Lemma (Collorary) - Calculus III

juan

JORDAN's Lemma (Collorary) - Calculus III

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum. If it's not posted in the correct sub-forum, please move it. I hope you can help me.
I'm trying to solve some real improper integrals using the Theorem of Residues and I'm having some troubles when I have to prove the Collorary of Jordan's Lemma. This is what I have (I wrote it in LaTeX and post it like an image of a .pdf because I couldn't find how to write properly here)
lemaJordan.jpg

Thanks!!

EDIT: if you have any book where this is explained in a detailed and correct way, please let me know! :)

Last edited:
EDIT: if you have any book where this is explained in a detailed and correct way, please let me know! :)

Maybe try "Equations of Mathematical Diffraction Theory" by Mezhlum A. Sumbatyan, and Antonio Scalia
https://books.google.com/books?id=IKP5ZebgcJEC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=Corollary+of+Jordan%27s+Lemma&source=bl&ots=DLdryjSa9y&sig=oMaqPoUal1jW4zX1HRFwIxlhBeU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=eR7AVL-sGMLkgwSf-oH4BA&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Corollary%20of%20Jordan%27s%20Lemma&f=false

BTW: LaTeX needs to be inclosed in a [ tex ] [ / tex ] pair(without the spaces), i.e.
Code:
[tex]\int_{C_1} f(z)\, dz[/tex]
produces
\(\displaystyle \int_{C_1} f(z)\, dz\)

Thanks, I'm reading it!. If someone can help me with that particular problem it would be really helpful!!

In the following link, you will find detailed proof of Jordan's Lemma
together with an example.

Attachments

• Jordan's Lemma.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 3
You are going to necropost over here, too, eh? Some kind of a lifestyle choice? :)

I'm starting to get the impression you made these videos.

The top video didn't link right.

-Dan