Judgmental

JeffM

Elite Member
It is the exact problem given by my professor. We should prove it using contradiction.
"Let m and n be non-negative integers. Prove that if mn>100, then m<10 and n<10"
I'm really having a hard time :(
You can't prove it because it is obviously false. Your professor is an idiot.

There once was a professor that told his students that he would be putting some random errors in his work on the chalkboard to make sure the class was paying attention. I don't need to do that.... when I teach the errors are already there!

It's probably a typo, and mistakes do happen. One or two mistakes are to be expected. More that that, well, means that your professor is an idiot!

-Dan

Now you're a defiant child!?
It means you''re an ignorant ass who wrote something illogical on a knee-jerk
reaction, and you should not have not done it. It's a kind of stupidity. Take yourself
away from the keyboard until you understand that.

I notice how inconsistent you are. You gave a thumbs-up to topsquark, and that
poster made the argument against what you posted.

I'll "run somebody down in a heartbeat" such as yourself for running an ignorant
mouth when there is no history of the accused making a repeated error on the
same problem/type of problem.

Last edited:
reaction, and you should not have not done it. It's a kind of stupidity. Take yourself

I'll "run somebody down in a heartbeat" such as yourself for running an ignorant
Oh my you disapprove.

I do not care one whit for your approval or disapproval. To care, I would have to have some modicum of respect for you. But I don't.

There once was a professor that told his students that he would be putting some random errors in his work on the chalkboard to make sure the class was paying attention. I don't need to do that.... when I teach the errors are already there!

It's probably a typo, and mistakes do happen. One or two mistakes are to be expected. More that that, well, means that your professor is an idiot!

-Dan
Einstein could not count his change for bus fare and he was not an idiot.

My Linear Algebra professor was quite smart and an excellent teacher. The thing with him was that he could not do basic arithmetic without making mistakes. I would not call him an idiot by any means

Having said that, the professor who wrote the problem,... well I too have a problem with that. Making silly errors problems is one thing but to state a problem like s/he did is another story.

Please calm yourself, lookagain.

Telling your students that you will intentionally make mistakes to see who is paying attention is just a way to cover up unintentional mistakes!