Linear algebra, matrix 8 questions

plshelp111

Hello!
Im in desperate need of help, I need to upload 3 essays and worksheets for math, but ive stumbled across these questions which I cant solve. Please help, my whole year depends on it. Its translated from dutch.

AA.
111.jpg

Have you ever taken a course in "Linear Algebra"? Do you know what these words you are using mean?

Actually, I find the very first problem, 1a, peculiar! It asks whether it is true of false that, for A and B n by n matrices, \(\displaystyle (A\cdot B)= A^2\cdot B^2\). Obviously that is false! But I rather think it was intended to be the more interesting "\(\displaystyle (A\cdot B)^2= A^2\cdot B^2\)"- which is also false!

Have you ever taken a course in "Linear Algebra"? Do you know what these words you are using mean?

Actually, I find the very first problem, 1a, peculiar! It asks whether it is true of false that, for A and B n by n matrices, \(\displaystyle (A\cdot B)= A^2\cdot B^2\). Obviously that is false! But I rather think it was intended to be the more interesting "\(\displaystyle (A\cdot B)^2= A^2\cdot B^2\)"- which is also false!
It was an assignment for 11th grade 16-17 year old math, these questions were under linear algebra. Can you please help with the rest and explain why 1a is false?1597500599449.png

Wow yes it was supposed to be (A⋅B)2=A2⋅B2

(AB)2= ABAB and

if this equals A2B2.....................edited and corrected (offending party has been sent to the "corner" for 2 hrs.)

we can multiply on the left side of both sides of the equation by A-1and the the right hand side of both sides of the equation to by B-1 to get AB=BA which is not always true. Why is that so hard?

(AB)Ti,j= ???

Last edited by a moderator: