Logistic Function - Need help!

panda_eyes

Hi all, I'm currently taking a module on predictive modelling and it involves the use of logistic functions. I couldn't understand how the function on the left will result in getting a logistic function on the right.

I've been cracking my heads and looking up the internet for answers. Unfortunately, I still couldn't understand.

Would really appreciate it if someone can explain it to me step-by-step. Thank you so much! I've attached a screenshot of the two functions below.

Logistic Regression.JPG

Hi all, I'm currently taking a module on predictive modelling and it involves the use of logistic functions. I couldn't understand how the function on the left will result in getting a logistic function on the right.

I've been cracking my heads and looking up the internet for answers. Unfortunately, I still couldn't understand.

Would really appreciate it if someone can explain it to me step-by-step. Thank you so much! I've attached a screenshot of the two functions below.

View attachment 32253
Divide top and bottom by [imath]e^{\beta_0+\beta_iX_{i,1}+\dots}[/imath]

panda_eyes,
To do such a problem you need to say look at the numerator and think how do you get it to become 1. The answer is to divide the numerator by itself and of course you have to divide the denominator by the same expression. Looking up things on the internet will not help you.