logistical deviation

tankerbroker

Hi, I am arguing with a customer about how much allowed deviation costs are for a voyage we made on a ship in the Indian Ocean avoiding the piracy zone. We carried out our calculations on the basis of the additional time taken, whereas our customer have undertaken their calculations on the basis of the additional distance travelled. Can anyone explain to me which is the correct basis for calculation?

Hi, I am arguing with a customer about how much allowed deviation costs are for a voyage we made on a ship in the Indian Ocean avoiding the piracy zone. We carried out our calculations on the basis of the additional time taken, whereas our customer have undertaken their calculations on the basis of the additional distance travelled. Can anyone explain to me which is the correct basis for calculation?
Please reply with the full and exact text of the homework exercise, the complete instructions, all relevant definitions (such as "allowable deviation costs"), and a clear statement of your efforts so far.

When you reply, please clarify how this exercise is a grammar-school "Arithmetic" problem. Thank you! ;)

Assuming this was an unexpected/unusual happening and the contract allowed for it, what does the contract say? If you are just looking for some 'fair way' to share the additional expense then what are your actual additional costs and the customers additional costs (if any)?