Marine Engineering: Torsion in Marine Structures

Required

Hello Math people,

I'm creating a post on behalf of my girlfriend, she is taking a Mastercourse in Marine Engineering. This project is a group assignment, (groups of 2) but her partner left her high and dry, and bailed. She now has to finish it by herself. I'd like to help her, but I have no knowledge of advanced math. Her assignment is quite specialized so I'm considering it a long shot, but it would be great if any of you could help out. I read the guidelines, so I won't post the entire assignment (it's quite large), but I've highlighted 2 problems she has yet to solve. (she needs help with 1.1.2 and 1.1.5 too, but I don't want to push it considering it's pretty herculean as-is).

If anyone could help or solve, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: I had no idea in which section to post, I hope I guessed correctly.

Cheerio

pls hlp.png

Hello Math people,

I'm creating a post on behalf of my girlfriend, she is taking a Mastercourse in Marine Engineering. This project is a group assignment, (groups of 2) but her partner left her high and dry, and bailed. She now has to finish it by herself. I'd like to help her, but I have no knowledge of advanced math. Her assignment is quite specialized so I'm considering it a long shot, but it would be great if any of you could help out. I read the guidelines, so I won't post the entire assignment (it's quite large), but I've highlighted 2 problems she has yet to solve. (she needs help with 1.1.2 and 1.1.5 too, but I don't want to push it considering it's pretty herculean as-is).

If anyone could help or solve, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: I had no idea in which section to post, I hope I guessed correctly.

Cheerio

View attachment 34247
To calculate the shear stress due to torsion - what equation/s did you use?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem