Math Paper

stars584

PLEASE HELP ME... I HAVE TO WRITE A PAPER ON ANY MATH TOPIC FOR MY SENIOR SEMINOR CLASS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE THEN I NEED TO DO A PRESENTATION ON IT..

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS..

I STARTED WITH COMPLEX NUMBERS BUT HOW MUCH CAN I WRITE ABOUT OR EVEN PRESENT.

I'm sorry, but the tutors here help students work through specific exercises. They do not do research, develop projects, or write papers for the students.

I apologize for any confusion.

Eliz.

stars584 said:
PLEASE HELP ME... I HAVE TO WRITE A PAPER ON ANY MATH TOPIC FOR MY SENIOR SEMINOR CLASS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE THEN I NEED TO DO A PRESENTATION ON IT..

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS..

I STARTED WITH COMPLEX NUMBERS BUT HOW MUCH CAN I WRITE ABOUT OR EVEN PRESENT.

Considering that you'll have to do a presentation, you should take a topic that others will find interesting and easy to follows. Simple stuff like complex numbers may be easy to follow but not interesting. So, I would suggest writing the paper about a more advanced subject but in a non technical way.

You could e.g. write about the Basel problem, i.e. what is the value of: \(\displaystyle \L \sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{n^{2}}\)

explain how Euler obtained the correct answer, but why his method was not rigorous and how complex function theory makes this rigorous. And you can finish with the proof that the probability that two lare integers are relatively prime is \(\displaystyle \frac{6}{\pi^{2}}\)

This can all be done at the advanced high school level and should be very interesting to students.