Math problem: find max height on planet claire of....

nvk

Okay so I'm in grade 11 and I have this math question that I dont know how to do.

On planet claire the height, h metres, of an object is fired uprwards from the ground at 48 m/s is described by h=48t-16t^2 where t seconds is the time since object was fired upwards. Determine the maximum height of the object, the times at which the object is 32m above the ground, and the time it hits the ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks a lot.

Re: Math problem

On planet claire the height, h metres, of an object is fired uprwards from the ground at 48 m/s is described by h=48t-16t^2 where t seconds is the time since object was fired upwards.
Determine the maximum height of the object, the times at which the object is 32m above the ground, and the time it hits the ground.

the max height will the the top of a parabola, so graph it on a calculator and look at where the top is.

for height at 32m solve
32 = 48t -16t^2

using the quadratic formula

nvk said:
Okay so I'm in grade 11 and I have this math question that I dont know how to do.

On planet claire the height, h metres, of an object is fired uprwards from the ground at 48 m/s is described by h=48t-16t^2 where t seconds is the time since object was fired upwards. Determine the maximum height of the object, the times at which the object is 32m above the ground, and the time it hits the ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks a lot.

Please show us your work - and explain exactly where you are stuck - so that we know where to begin to help you.

Have you learned - how to find vertex of a parabola?