Miscarriage and covid vaccinations. A Statistics comparison between 2 different studies

Arthur of the Realm

Hi, first time posting.

I have been in an involved discussion with an intelligent man online, but I believe some of the data he is correlating is fallacy.
He has compared 2 studies regarding covid vaccinations and miscarriages in pregnancy, and is using the comparison to causate that miscarriages are lower in those who have been vaccinated.
Its a touchy subject but I would like some clarification from anyone willing here to either support or deny my argument against.

Here are the 2 articles in question.

His postulation is as follows:
"Interestingly, rates of miscarriage were somewhat lower in the first trimester were lower in the vaccinated group vs the unvaccinated group (13.9-17.1%*** in vaccinated vs 18.5%-43% in general populations)"

(His wording is a bit funny but look past it please)

My position is that these 2 groups of numbers cant be compared for the following reasons.
•The first study is a 10 year study that shows a percentage of women having reported 1 or more miscarriages in the first trimester.
•The second study is a ~3 month study that follows a number of women and records the actual percentage of miscarriages after vaccination within that time frame.
•I think that comparing these 2 sets of data is a fallacy, and conclusions can't be drawn from a comparison here.
•I presented a number of reasons to my debater as to why these numbers represent different things but he maintains that it is an accurate and logical comparison.
•i think that the different methods of data gathering statistically guarantee a higher percentage of women who would have reported a previous miscarriage over a 10 year period than those who would report having one within a 3 month period.

Our conversation has been quite involved, friendly but tense given the subject matter. He is presenting his information to my local community as a professional to convince others to overcome vaccine hesitancy.
We both are working towards similar goals, and both believe in the vaccine trials. But I want to prevent any misinformation being used on any side.

If there is any more information I can give, let me know. I can share screenshots of my communications and the original claim if it helps.

Thank you in advance for anyone willing to invest some time into this.

Arthur of the Realm