Momentum: runner w/ mass 52 kg; plane w/ vel. 234 m/s north

martinferguson

How do I work this?

1) A runner, who has a mass of 52 kg . m/s along a train. What is the runner's velocity.

2) A commercial airpolane travels at a velocity of 234 m/s north. Th eplae seats 253 people.. If the average person ont he plan has a mass of 68 kg, what is the momentum of the passengers on the plane?

martinferguson said:
1) A runner, who has a mass of 52 kg . m/s along a train. What is the runner's velocity.

2) A commercial airpolane travels at a velocity of 234 m/s north. Th eplae seats 253 people.. If the average person ont he plan has a mass of 68 kg, what is the momentum of the passengers on the plane?
At the very least, there are quite a few typoes and mispellings in the above. I think there are also some omissions.

Please reply with correction or confirmation. When you reply, please show what you have tried so far, even if you think it is wrong, starting with the formulas that you think might apply.

Thank you.

Eliz.

A runner, who has a mass of 52 kg, has a momentum of 218 kg . m/s along a trail. What is the runners velocity?

52 x velocity divided = 218 kg . m/s

I don't get this at all?

A commercial airplane travels at a velocity of 234 m/s north. The plane seats 253 people. If the average person on the plane has a mass of 68 kg, what is the momentum of the passengers on the plane?

253x68 kg =17204 kg TOTAL MASS
17204 x 234 = 4025736 ??
THANKS