Mr.Luc hits the ball toward an outfield fence that is 10 ft high and 210 feet from the home plate.

Noelle

In the staff versus seniors softball game, Mr.Luc comes to bat and hits the ball toward an outfield fence that is 10 ft high and 210 feet from the home plate. The ball is hit 4 feet above home plate and reaches its highest point of 64 ft above a point that is 110 feet from homeplate.

A) if the homeplate is the origin of a coordinate system, find an equation of the parabolic path of the ball. No decimals in your equation.

B)How high if the ball when it reaches the fence.

*can you please explain how to do it, I don't really need the answer rather just the process

In the staff versus seniors softball game, Mr.Luc comes to bat and hits the ball toward an outfield fence that is 10 ft high and 210 feet from the home plate. The ball is hit 4 feet above home plate and reaches its highest point of 64 ft above a point that is 110 feet from homeplate.

A) if the homeplate is the origin of a coordinate system, find an equation of the parabolic path of the ball. No decimals in your equation.

*can you please explain how to do it, I don't really need the answer rather just the process

There are different ways to do this, varying with the type of model and its assumptions. Please reply with the model (that is, with the type(s) of equation and/or assumptions) that they're expecting you to use. Thank you!

Are they playing in a vacuum by chance ?:)