Need Help factoring 3X^4 * 9X^3 * 6X^2

lewysangel

I have this question that I cannot seem to factor all the way. Can someone please help me!?!?!?

3X^4 - 9X^3 - 6X^2

When you do it, please show me all of the steps. I am totally LOST and going CRAZY!!!!

Thanks bunches!!!!!

\(\displaystyle \L\\3x^{4}\cdot{9x^{3}}\cdot{6x^{2}}\)

Factor?. I see nothing to factor. Just multiply the integers and remember exponents are added when the terms are multiplied.

If for some reason you meant \(\displaystyle \L\\3x^{4}+9x^{3}+6x^{2}\), why would you use multiplication symbols instead of the plus sign?.

IF you did mean:
3X^4 + 9X^3 + 6X^2
then:
3X^2(x^2 + 3x + 2)
3X^2(x + 2)(x + 1)

lewysangel said:
I have this question that I cannot seem to factor all the way. Can someone please help me!?!?!?

3X^4 - 9X^3 - 6X^2

First factor out the common term --> 3x^2

= 3x^2 (x^2 - 3x - 2)

Then you'll have a quadratic as the other factor. Check if you can factorize that by using well known methods.

When you do it, please show me all of the steps. I am totally LOST and going CRAZY!!!!

Thanks bunches!!!!!

lewysangel said:
...I cannot seem to factor all the way. ...please show me all of the steps. I am totally LOST and going CRAZY!!
Did any of the tutors guess your meaning correctly? Or was the initial post correct regarding the expression, but wrong on the instructions? Were you maybe supposed to "simplify" or "express in prime factorization" or something else? :?:

Thank you! :D

Eliz.

P.S. Welcome to FreeMathHelp! 8-)