Need help parsing an equation properly

Heyo13579

The equation I have is below;

S/L=P
if (P)>0.5 then (f^{-1}(P)+0.1)
P(H+A)=M

im more familiar with doing complex math through programming but I want the equation to be one coherent formula to more easily explain to others, I’m just not sure of how to plug everything together or if it is possible at all

Last edited:
Don't understand how to interpret your code. There seems to be two equations with 6 variables (S,L,P,H,A,M) and one conditional statement. Please provide more context to those lines.

You seem to have two equations and a meaningless conditional. The conditional is meaningless because there is no equation following “then.”

What is the point of the inverse function notatiion?

Don't understand how to interpret your code. There seems to be two equations with 6 variables (S,L,P,H,A,M) and one conditional statement. Please provide more context to those lines.
You seem to have two equations and a meaningless conditional. The conditional is meaningless because there is no equation following “then.”

What is the point of the inverse function notatiion?
The equation is Divide S by L if the solution is more than 0.5 invert it (so if it’s say 0.6 then take the inverse ie 0.4) and add 0.1 then multiply by (H+A) to find M
If it’s not more than 0.5 then just P(H+A)

S/L is to find a percentage so it will never be more than 1 so I guess itd be better to write it as

S/L=P
If (P)>0.5 then (|P-1|+0.1)(H+A)=M
else P(H+A)=M

Last edited:
[math]\exists \ S \land L \ | \ 0 \le \dfrac{S}{L} \le 1.[/math]
[math]P = \dfrac{S}{L}.[/math]
[math]P \le 0.5 \implies M = P(A + H).[/math]
[math]P > 0.5 \implies M = (1.1 - P)(A + H).[/math]
I point out that 0.4 is not normally called the inverse of 0.6. Furthermore, the first line is analogous to a test on the data to ensure that the formulas that follow apply.

Finally, it is not clear to me why the last line makes sense. According to your formula, if P = 0.6, M = 0.5(A + H). You might want to justify that in a natural language like English.

[math]\exists \ S \land L \ | \ 0 \le \dfrac{S}{L} \le 1.[/math]
[math]P = \dfrac{S}{L}.[/math]
[math]P \le 0.5 \implies M = P(A + H).[/math]
[math]P > 0.5 \implies M = (1.1 - P)(A + H).[/math]
I point out that 0.4 is not normally called the inverse of 0.6. Furthermore, the first line is analogous to a test on the data to ensure that the formulas that follow apply.

Finally, it is not clear to me why the last line makes sense. According to your formula, if P = 0.6, M = 0.5(A + H). You might want to justify that in a natural language like English.
The formula is a calculation I made for finding the power value of a character in a video game I’m playing and I found that if the value is more than 0.6 it tends to not reflect true in the game but when doing as you’ve corrected (1.1-P) if the value is above 0.5 it tends to be a lot more accurate. As to why this is I’m not sure myself

this formula is far from perfect but it’s the best I can come up with for it here are what the variab
S= small # between H/A
L = large # between H/A
M = muscle
A = attack
H = health

And here’s some real in game values if y’all can figure out a better formula that’s be awesome!

Unit A 7.27H 1.45A
Unit B 7.27H 3.63A
Unit C 2.18H 10.91A
Unit D 5.07H 8.87A

The purpose of the Muscle value to to show the units over all power with one number so say if unit A and B fought the muscle value should show that unit B is stronger and would beat unit A

Last edited: