Need help with Discrete Math.

Vanilla95

Tell me please how to solve these equals? I've read lots of websites about Discrete Math but havent found any topics about this. The only symbol I understand here is ÷, but it is used to apply in number theory, like C=A÷B. And how to solve these??

1.7.5÷1.7.15

1.8.4÷1.8.5

Tell me please how to solve these equals? I've read lots of websites about Discrete Math but havent found any topics about this. The only symbol I understand here is ÷, but it is used to apply in number theory, like C=A÷B. And how to solve these??

1.7.5÷1.7.15

1.8.4÷1.8.5

The "." s in the question - do those indicate multiplication?

1.7.5÷1.7.15
1.8.4÷1.8.5

I have no idea. That's why I asked here. Maybe these are equals for graphs? For example numbers of graph edges?..
So-far-as I know this is nonstandard notation.
In many years of teaching units on graph theory, I never saw that notation.

Now clearly, an author is free to define terms/symbols. So address your question to the author of the material from which is comes.

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for misunderstanding. I asked my teacher, he said those were the numbers of my tasks from the book. But here is actually the task, and I still can't understand how to solve this. Here is one of the tasks (on photo). Can you explain how to solve this one?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
...here is actually the task, and I still can't understand how to solve this.

\(\displaystyle \overline{\overline{AX}\, \cdot\, \overline{AX\, \cdot\, \overline{AX}}}\, =\, C,\,\) \(\displaystyle \,C\, \subseteq\, A;\)

Can you explain how to solve this one?
What comes after the semicolon at the end of what you've posted? (In other words, what is the rest of the exercise text?) What were the instructions for this? (In other words, what are you supposed to be doing with these statements? What do you mean by "solving" them?) What information have they given you about the sets (?) A, X, and C?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for misunderstanding. I asked my teacher, he said those were the numbers of my tasks from the book. But here is actually the task, and I still can't understand how to solve this. Here is one of the tasks (on photo). Can you explain how to solve this one?
That does not change the answer: Ask the author of the text material. All who write this sort of material, we use his/her own notations. It should be clearly defined in the text. It looks like some form of Boolean algebra.

What comes after the semicolon at the end of what you've posted? (In other words, what is the rest of the exercise text?) What were the instructions for this? (In other words, what are you supposed to be doing with these statements? What do you mean by "solving" them?) What information have they given you about the sets (?) A, X, and C?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

Please, tell me how did you write with quantifiers? I want to write the same way, instead of posting pics everytime.