need help with my sons homework its algebra

jrodri23

My sons has some algebra homework and i cant remeber how to do it any help will be greatly appreciated.

here's the question:

suppose mr amd mrs thompson take theri four children to the moviues. Adult movies cost 9dollars
let b represnt the cost of a child's ticket.

Write an expression to represent the total cost for purchasing the movie tickets.
here's what i came out with 9(2)+4b=......is this correct

suppose mr and mrs thompson spent a total of 15 dollars on popcorn and sodas. Write an expression to show the total cost for going to the movies.

what was the total cost for the thompson to attend the movies if a childs ticket is 5 dollars?
show how to evaluate the expression to find the total cost.

jrodri23 said:
My sons has some algebra homework and i cant remeber how to do it any help will be greatly appreciated.

here's the question:

suppose mr amd mrs thompson take theri four children to the moviues. Adult movies cost 9dollars
let b represnt the cost of a child's ticket.

Write an expression to represent the total cost for purchasing the movie tickets.
here's what i came out with 9(2)+4b=......is this correct Yes

suppose mr and mrs thompson spent a total of 15 dollars on popcorn and sodas. Write an expression to show the total cost for going to the movies. Just add the 15 dollars onto the 18 for the parents. 33+4b

what was the total cost for the thompson to attend the movies if a childs ticket is 5 dollars?
show how to evaluate the expression to find the total cost.Plug in 5 for b