Need help with solving a parallelogram for a side

nhall123

Can somebody show me what I have to do to find c?

IMG_0670.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please tell what you tried so that we can offer some help? Can you figure out some of the other angles that you did not list in your diagram? How about the length of other side? Loaded with this information can you now figure out the value of c?

I tried using law of cosines but I keep getting wrong answers. Im using 43 degrees as the angle but I think thats wrong. do I subtract 43 from 180 to find the angle on the opposite side of the triangle?

I tried using law of cosines but I keep getting wrong answers. Im using 43 degrees as the angle but I think thats wrong. do I subtract 43 from 180 to find the angle on the opposite side of the triangle?

Yes exactly, you want an angle adjacent to \(\theta\), and that angle will be supplementary to \(\theta\). :)

For now can you please label as much as you can on the diagram and repost it. Also, please let us review what you did with the law of cosines.
We really need to see your work to see where you are going wrong.